All eyes on Hartford… and I hope many of our Munson cousins agree! The biennial TMF Membership and Board Meetings will be held in Hartford, Connecticut during the weekend of July 24-25-26th, 2015. This Munson family gathering will be the 378th Reunion Anniversary Year! Do join us… and meet many cousins in person!
The Hartford Hilton (315 Trumbull Street) is our Host Hotel. Call them at 800-754-7941 and refer to “Munson Family Reunion” for our special guaranteed rate with parking waived. Remember… room reservations at our Host Hotel helps offset costs of our meeting facilities and our food arrangements. The more rooms booked… the more our costs are offset!
Besides TMFS Board, TMF Board, and TMF General Membership meetings on Saturday, July 25th (10am – 1pm), the following are being scheduled throughout the weekend for your enjoyment:
- Greetings Tables which will include representatives from several heritage/lineage/historical organizations.
- Workshops: Help with Your Genealogy; Lineage-Proofing; Archaeology of Colonial Hartford; Historical Sites to Self-Visit; .Hartford Highlights to Self-Visit
- Some of the tours being scheduled are:
- The New Haven Museum and Library
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Ancient Burying Ground & Founders Monument
- 17th Century Historical Hartford Tour
- Mark Twain House & Museum
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Home & Center
- Wadsworth Atheneum
- Elizabeth Park Rose Gardens
- Butler-McCook House and Garden
- Old State House
- For a preview of historical sites, see this link as provided by The Society of the Descendants of the Founders of Hartford: http://foundersofhartford.org/sites
Also: Saturday Evening July 25th Banquet will include special guests! Sunday Morning July 26th will include the opportunity to worship at one of the oldest churches in Hartford! Looking forward to meeting many new and interesting Munson Cousins!
Optionally, checks may be mailed to: Melvyn Douglass, 8010 Oakwood Trace, Houston, TX 77040-4444 Please include a copy of the TMF Reunion Registration Form 2015